The 2014 Sand Creek 2-mile Walk/Jog/Run
Saturday, August 23th starting at 8:30am.
Sponsored by the Newton High School Cross Country Program, and current and former coaches Richard Mick, Michelle Bergquist, Ralph Malm, and Ron Capps.
Who: The race is open to anyone who would like to participate.
Where: Athletic Park - Newton, KS
Registration will be held at the shelter near 5th street park entrance.
Route follows both sides of scenic Sand Creek.
Registration: Packet Pick-up / late registration begins at 7:00am
Register by printing entry form and mailing to:
Richard Mick, 2210 South Duncan, Newton, KS 67114
For question or more information, phone: (316) 283-3994 or email
- Medals to top 3 Male and Female NHS Alumni!!
- Medals to top 3 Male and Female runners in each age division (12 & under, 13-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, and 50 and over)
- Participant certificates to any youth finishers
- Current Cross Country runners may be excluded per KSHSAA rules!
Team Scoring and Prizes.
Teams of 4 (all male or all female) with prizes (gift Certificates) to team with lowest score (Cross Country scoring). Tie breakers will be determined by the place of 1st runner on each team. Indicate on entry from if you are on a team (team name and other members). Teams CANNOT be formed the day of the race. Each team member completes/turns in their own entry form.
- $15 for ages 13 and older
- $10 for kids 12 and younger
- Make checks payable to Newton High School
- Entry Fee includes a T-shirt, entry in Run, Snacks, Awards, etc.
- To ensure T-shirt on race day, submit registration by August 16th.
- Cash Donations will be accepted if you cannot attend, but would like to support the NHS Cross Country Program. T-shirts will be given for donations of $15 or more. Indicate shirt size and address when sending your donation.